Story telling is an integral part of stand-up comedy. Most comedians, in some form, tell stories. Maybe a story comes as a quick aside to further explain the premise of a joke; sometimes it takes the form of an extended tag at the end of a minute-long bit. At times, a comedian will tell a story about his or her day to break up the more scripted part of their set. For most comics, the story is just one of many tools they employ to urge laughs from their audiences. But for other stand-up comedians, telling stories defines who they are as a performer; it’s not a means to an end. The stories are the end. And when a comedian does it right — see Bill Cosby: Himself — this kind of live comedy could be the most satisfying type of art you can take in.
Preheat oven to 300°. Line 12 muffin cups with muffin liners (or grease each cup well with coconut oil).
In a large bowl, whisk together everything but the blueberries until fully combined. Gently fold in the blueberries to incorporate.
Fill each liner 3/4 full with batter and bake for 30-40 minutes. The top should be spongey but firm when pressed and your finger should not go through into the muffin. Cool for 5 minutes and remove from muffin pans.
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey (use more if you want sweet!)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup applesause
- pinch of cinnamon (optional!)
- pinch of nutmeg (optional!)
- I learned that The Film Machinist was a cross between Fight Club and Memento…if those were really shitty movies.
- Picked up some drinks and headed to T and A’s place. Ran into Tim’s brother on the way.
- Watched the exciting Dodgers game.
- Played an amazing game of Scattegories. Things that are black. . . Big Boners. World Rercords in existance. . . .Biggest Balls.
- Had a Thai Dinner with Not.
- I then Proceed to sleep for 12 hours.
- I finally got Puled Over Fix It Ticket on my dealers plates.
- I no longer fear Red Light Cameras
- LA Noire
- Went apartment seeking with Not. People should hire my services to normalize people and charm future landlords/employees!!
- Had lunch with a ton of my friends and then went to catch the film Super 8
- I found a simple way to Package and Mail the Shirts and knocked it out asap.
- The weather was just Cloudy And Gross.
- I beat LA Noire!!!!!
- I started watching The Wire!!!
- Just couldn’t wake up – slept for more hours
- Not is completely convinced that I have narcolepsy.
- I Finally let Not in my house after rose from the grave.
- I then took the PGP Pictures!
- Went to see a friend’s band at Hotel Cafe
- Prepping to go to Kansas
- Downloaded 3 Episodes of Glee (Rented)
- Rumors by Fleetwood Mac is Gina’s Fav!!!!
- I hate window seats but had to sit next to it.
- I slept on my tray table like a scumbag.
- 87% humidity in Kansas
- Gina heads to a friends house and gets jumped by their goddaughter!
- Visited a friend in the hospital
- Get me to Kansas is I’m ever in critical condition and have to go to the hospital!!
- Got Pedicures with Mother
- Headed home for appointment viewing of Law and Order Marathons
- Went to the Rehearsal Dinner.
- They served chicken under and brick
- Had a Slide show and Dinner Speeches to which I kinda butchered
- Saw my friend in the hospital again out of love
- Realizing that me and my Goddaughter have the same sense of humor.
- Went to Dean and Deluca
- Went to Target
- Time to get ready for the Wedding
- Had a fake date to the event and had a great time
- Had it a big huge historical house
- Got married by a universal religious sort of shaman person
- Got their drink on after the ceremony!!!
- Made mommy take me to the Louisburg Cider Mill
- Slept and did the typical day
- Headed to work for some Conway and Steckler
- Ted Williams had a biography done on him
- There was a vote put out on whether Ted should be talked about on TCJR show
- PGPeeps pushed for Ted Williams Talk
- After work we had a pegle party.
- Got introduced to Pablo Fransisco Stand UP
- The Wang had a Date!!
- Found Coolness in Ventura County!!
- Started of at the Ventura Harbor which was goregeous
- Randy dived into pinball.
- Then went to the Margarita Villa
- Nachos + Alcohol = Good Times
- Made the girl Take him out.
- Headed to Coldspring Tavern where Lynyrd Skynyrd Band Was Playing
- Tons of WALKING
- Went to downtown Ventura and had some good ol Cider
- Finally got some bar food, Ribs, Sliders and Wings.
- Wings were made with extra thick sauce which did not work well.
- I love Ventura County!
- Finally cleaned The Appt.
- Went to Islands and discovered all you can eat fries!!!
- Ran Out of Weed. Went to the weed store and found a fan.
- Swam for a couple of hours while high. Dropped the snorkel but loves the mask.
- Conway and Steckler and handled business with the potcast. (Did TWO Nail Hits)
- The Original Ninja Turtles Does NOT Hold Up.
- Tommy’s Chilli!
- 21+ Screening of Hangover 2 (Same Movie Different Country)
- Fuddruckers. I had me a boar!!!!!
- Hit a party met a weird girl. Appt had a mad stack of DVDs but a 20 inch TV.
- Randy Wang’s brother is getting screwed out of money by his supervisors at Six Flags.
- Randy Wang listened to the PGPeepCast.
- Hit that In and Out Burger for the Animal Style Fries+Double Double
- Kicked ass as E.HONDA Xbox 360.
- Re-Discovered the game Luminous.
- BBQ With the FAM!!!!
- Found out they got an underwater Ipod.
- Went to Work.
- Not Calls while at Jersey Mikes( Schlotzskys)
- Had picnic with NOT
- Pole Dancing Bachelorette Party!!!
- Woke up covered in bruises
- Headed on a six hour trip to Mammouth Mountain with Becky
- Went to a Legit Fosters Freeze and had a turkey corndog.
- InYo National Forest!!!!
- Ate at Pita Pit
- They get up to the mountain and it is snowing super hard.
- Gina snowboards for the first time.
- Gina would not get any help from any of her friends.
- Gave up after an hour and a half due to the blinding weather.
- Go to a bar called rafters.
- The ladies then go clubbing. Ended up in a Bachelor Party.
- Guys were feelin up Gina all night
- Then a dude randomly kisses Gina.
- The get out of there.
- Becky Makes Coooookie Crisp Cereal
- Down some good ol’ 100 Proof Rumple Minze
- Gina takes on snowboarding lessons
- The lessons were brutal
- Gina presses on regardless of pains
- Had a ton of fun when she got it down.
- Becky fell in a hole?
- Finds her with an empty waterbottle that WAS filled with rumple minze
- Becky is HAMMERED!!!
- Hot Tub Time . . . . . Machine
- Becky falls in the ice cold pool on accident.
- Gina hits the sauna with a couple of 9 year olds
- Becky knocks out in the sauna.
- Gina drags Becky back to the room.
- G & B call Not and ask him to complement them
- Ate at The Stove
- G & B get on the Gondola for free
- 11,050 feet in the air to the summit
- One of the runs is called huevos Grande
- They get to the lodge at the top which is amazing.
- Head to a hot springs but quickly runaway because of a creepy guy.
- G&B then head to the InYo Nat. Forrest.
- Beautiful Drive Home
Alright, the weather is getting nice out…that means nothing, stay inside where you can listen to podcasts! This week we have on one of our inspirations for starting podcasting, RAAAAAANNDY! Yep, one half of Pretty Good Podcast, Randy Wang joining us in the solid gold studio. Of course we had to get the big story talking about Bin Laden out of the way, with Aaron having an interesting take on that whole thing. Then Randy gets a little rant-happy on parody videos, internet providers, SNL, 80′s action-movie stars, and the future of gaming controllers. And, that’s the way the cookie crumbles.